Saturday, October 31, 2009

Is Sweet & Low a no no for diabetics?


Answer:
Sweet %26 Low is perfectly fine for diabetics. In fact Sweet %26 Low, Splenda, Equal, and other such artificial sweetners are perfect sugar substitutes for those with Diabetes. I worked in a nursing home, and ALL of my diabetic patients used these artificial sweetners.
as opposed to sugar it's def a healthier substitute.
If it is, I'm in trouble. I love Sweet n Low. I use it all the time.Seriously, no. It's fine for diabetics to use, just like Equal or Splenda. Personally, I can't stand Splenda. Sweet n Low is my top preference, with Equal being second. I will drink something unsweetened before I use Splenda. Yuck!!EMT
Sweet %26 Low is a perfectly acceptible sugar substitute for diabetes. But some people cannot use it, such as myself. I am a diabetic but can't use that because it gives me really bad headaches. Found out that sacchrine (which is in it) causes me to have a bad reaction in the forms of whomping headache. Fortunately, there is Equal and Splenda, which I can use. In fact, these are much better for a diabetic than real sugar. But you have to watch the amount that you use and don't overdo it.
Sweet %26 Low is fine for diabetics. diabetics have to watch their carb intake and sweet %26 low has no carbs. same with most other artificial sweetners like splenda and equal.
Sweet %26 Low formerly known as Saccharin was used in diet products such as soft drinks during the 70's and peaked in 1977. Studies in laboratory rats during the early 1970s linked saccharin with the development of bladder cancer. For this reason, Congress mandated that further studies of saccharin be performed and required that all food containing saccharin bear the following warning label: "Use of this product may be hazardous to your health. This product contains saccharin, which has been determined to cause cancer in laboratory animals." Subsequent studies in rats showed an increased incidence of urinary bladder cancer at high doses of saccharin consumption, especially in male rats. However, mechanistic studies (studies that examine how a substance works in the body) have shown that these results apply only to rats. Human epidemiology studies (studies of patterns, causes, and control of diseases in groups of people) have shown no consistent evidence that saccharin is associated with bladder cancer incidence. Sweet %26 Low (Saccharin) may be a sugar subtitute, but it is not without risk. Personally I wouldn't recommend Sweet %26 Low to anyone, instead I would recommend the use of the artifical sweetner Splenda instead. Today the leading sugar substitutes are Aspartame and Splenda.
if u visit this site u can get good answers. http://thediabeteszone.com/
no it is a sugar subtatue. IT will nit make you run sugar.
I personally don't like sweet %26 low for its content in saccharin, which is known to cause cancer in rats. This warning used to be on the label years ago. Instead try brown sugar, equal, splenda or even a teaspoon of honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Is there a © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net