Sunday, October 25, 2009

Is my navel piercing supposed to itch?

I had my navel pierced originally with surgical steel, but the piercing did not heal even after a year, so I removed it and the hole closed up in a day. I figured out I was allergic to the steel. After waiting 3 months I had it pierced again (3 days ago) with titanium. Yesterday it started itching a lot and today still itches. The itching is not continual, it comes and goes. Is this to be expected (my first piercing which I was allergic to never itched) or is this a sign I am also allergic to the titanium?
Answer:
I'm allergic to almost everything jewelery wise, but my first navel piercing was titanium. The itching might be that it's healing, which is a good thing. Think about scabs, they itched too.
I've had my belly button pierced twice and it was a bit itchy at first both times. Putting BACTENE on the piercing helped me.
usually itching is a sign of healing =make sure you clean the area every day and things will be fine
It may be that it`s healing

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Is there a © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net