Saturday, October 31, 2009

Is sleeping 8 hours straight better than sleeping 8 hours throughout the day?


Answer:
8 straight hours is much better because you get more REM sleep
Sleeping 8 hrs straight is definetly better because u are not stopping and starting your sleep, meaning that you get a long stretch of sleep. This allows your body to fully recuperate from any exhaustion occurred and prevents discomfort
if you break it up so that you are not allowing yourself to get into the deep "REM" sleep your body and brain will not function right
yep.
Well by most doctors they say it is better to have 8 direct hours of sleep compared to having it spread out over a day or so, but it also depends on what works better for you, I would say from my own experance, I get a ruff 4 hours of sleep at night, then i take a mid-day nap for four hours and its like a re charge, but my girlfriend sleeps 8 hours straight and she is at the same level of energy that I have, so its matter of preferance.so I hope this helps, and it needs a best answerJ/K
As a person who suffers from a sleep disorder, I would say traditionally that 8 hours of straight sleep would be considered "normal-healthy sleep", however those of us who don't fit that mold take our sleep time when we can. I can sleep 15 minutes and have been confirmed to get into my REM sleep state within that time and totally wake refreshed, but that is only a day or two at a time, then your body plays "catch up" and I can sleep 16 1/2 straight and wake feeling like I have never slept. I try to get a minumum of 7-8 hours straight sleep a night, but the outcome is never the same, some rested wakings, some not. So If you fall in this category, see a Pulmonologist. He can rule out things that may interfere with your sleep pattern, such as Asthma, or sleep apnea, and do sleep study testing , and tell you what is the best way to get a good nights rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Is there a © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net