Saturday, October 31, 2009

Is someone who drinks at least a twelve pack of beer a day an alcoholic?

Actually that's on the week nights, the weekends are more because he starts at 11:00 AM. He also seems to get meaner verbally as he drinks.
Answer:
If they deny they have a problem, and would have great difficulty not drinking for any extended period of time (2 days, 1 week, 1 month), yes. If he is hurting those around him, yes. If he needs the alcohol to function and needs it to face relationships and needs it, yes.A 12 pack of beer a day is expensive, and I think is definitively binge drinking (anything over 5 drinks a day is, if I am not mistaken). No adult should be drinking more than 1 drink a day if they want to be healthy.I would say that you need to find him help as soon as possible. If he is not ready to help, or becomes abusive when you suggest it, then there is a big problem and is very likely an alcoholic. I have included the website for AA below. Visit it, find a meeting, and go together!
Probably
Oh, yes...
yep that spells alchie to me
yes.
Yes
yup
I would say yes.
Yes.
yep...what ya got there is a world-class drunkard.get the fool some help, and don't let the fool drive. he might hurt somebody who is worthwhile.
Yes!
yes i would say they are a alcoholic
Yes.
Definitely.. If one cannot go without alcohol and is dependent on it - their alcoholics.
I'd say yes.
well suppose it depends on how you define alcoholism. But, your liver will take a tremendous amount of damage and will quit functioning early in life for that person.
definitly. try to see if he can go without it. his reliance is what would define him as an alcoholic.
OMG Yes!
Yes, and he won't live too old at that rate.
No.It's an early death waitiing to happen.
no question about it, yes. when it is daily and affects your personality yes.
Yes.
DEF.!!@!!
yes
Oh geesh yes!! a social drinker is one who drinks just on any social gathering. That is like me. I only drink a few times a year myself. This person needs help...they have a problem.
Alcoholism, at least what I've learned, isn't about what or how much someone drinks...it's about the need to drink. An alcoholic feels drawn to it... There are alcoholics that only drink one per day and then there are others that drink more than a fish.I would suggest getting far away from this person, if they don't listen to your concerns...
No, they are a drunk. An alcoholic goes to meetings
most likely
Hell yeah. That is not healthy. They need help. I especially hate mean drunks.
i don't think so but i'm sure a doctor would disagree with me cuz i'm no doctor i'm just a drunk
if he's done that for more than 2 weeks straight then YES its a daily addiction

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Is there a © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net