Saturday, October 31, 2009

Is the a cure for Bacterial Meningitis ?

It seem like once someone has it they die? If there no cure or treatment, why is it hard to treat?
Answer:
TreatmentAcute bacterial meningitis requires prompt treatment with intravenous antibiotics to ensure recovery and reduce the risk of complications. The antibiotic or combination of antibiotics that your doctor may choose depends on the type of bacteria causing the infection. Often, analyzing a sample of cerebrospinal fluid can help identify the bacteria. If you or your child has bacterial meningitis, your doctor may recommend a broad-spectrum antibiotic until he or she can determine the exact cause of the meningitis.If you or your child has bacterial meningitis, your doctor may recommend treatments for brain swelling, shock, convulsions or dehydration. Infected sinuses or mastoids 鈥?the bones behind the outer ear that connect to the middle ear 鈥?may need to be drained. Any fluid that has accumulated between the brain and the membranes that surround it may also need to be drained or surgically removed.Antibiotics can't cure most viral meningitis, but many cases improve on their own in a week or so without therapy. Treatment of mild cases of viral meningitis is usually with bed rest, plenty of fluids and over-the-counter pain medications to help reduce fever and relieve body aches. If the cause of your meningitis is the herpes virus, your doctor may also recommend an antiviral medication aimed at this virus.
Yes, all types of bacterial meningitis can be cured with antibiotics.The problem is that some types, such as meningococcal meningitis, can come on extremely quickly. Someone can be perfectly well one minute and then near death within a couple of hours.If someone is suspected to have bacterial meningitis it is a medical emergency, because even a few minutes' delay in treatment can make a huge difference to how well they recover.
I can only relate this to my personal experience. My ex husband had bad headaches, fainted on the floor so I took him to the ER. They admitted him thinking he had bacterial meningitis. The doc came in and said they wanted to do a spinal tap on him and he freaked. So the doc and I went outsdie to talk. He told me that if he does have bacterial and if it doesn't get diagnosed and treated in 24 hours, he could be dead. I told him to go in and tell him this. The spinal tap occurred. He had viral meningitis and they put him in isolation and major antibiotics.Now with my experience of my disease that I have for I am immune suppressed, I had to use an infection control doctor only 2 times in 10 years. They are excellent at their specialty and most people don't even know they exist.
There is treatment, many antibiotics are effective. The problem is that mortality is closely related to how fast they receive the first dose of antibiotics. If they don't reach treatment in time it can be deadly. Even with prompt treatment brain damage is not an uncommon complication.

2 comments:

  1. having schizophrenia knocked me off life and had me living like a mad person, i didn't know how the better part of my life eluded me, my mind was completely split in two, i am very glad my partner sought help and now i am free from all signs of psychosis. I was healed through the herbal medicines from Dr Jose, he is well known for his groundbreaking treatments concerning the brain and mind issues, do not go through this alone, you can contact him via email on joseherbals28@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW I GOT CURED FROM HERPES VIRUS
    hello I'm Danny from USA , I have been suffering from HERPES virus for the past 3 years and i had constant pain especially in my knees, During the first year I had faith in God that i will be healed someday, but this disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came in search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of so many people who has been healed from Hepatitis B, HIV/AID, Diabetes,HSV, ALS and Cancer by this Man called Dr, Ekpen, and he also gave the email address of this man and advice we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr. Ekpen telling him about my HERPES Virus he told me not to worry that i will be cured from this deadly disease i never believed it, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man, few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Doctor assured me that i will be cured,after some time i went to my medical doctor to confirmed if i have be finally cured behold it was true,and now i'm cure totally with Dr.Ekpen medication, So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr,Ekpen on this email; drekpenherbalmedicine@gmail.com or add him up on what-app +2348135858735 for assistance. he will help you also ,
    for more information you can also contact me through this email; dannyalstona@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

 


Is there a © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net