Sunday, October 25, 2009

Is play sand for sand pits safe?

I'm looking for play sand for my daughters sand pit, but I've read so many scary stories about a lot of play sand containing termolite (a form of human carcinogenic asbestos) and crystalline silica, both of which can cause serious lung disease. I know shops wouldn't sell stuff the would damage our children, but you never know?! I would rather get natural (ie. stuff that looks like it comes from the beach) rather than stuff made from quarried quartz. Have you got play sand, if so where did you get it. I live in Scotland.
Answer:
no i have maintained its not for years and have mentioned it to the authorities but through the years its remained the same so I assumed i could be wrong
Try Mothercare!
Hi I just got my 7 year old a sandpit for her birthday , bought sand from mother care . My thinking was should be safe from there rite ?
If you are that concerned, stick with a ball pit and know for sure your childs health is not at risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


Is there a © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net