Sunday, October 25, 2009

Is poison ivy contagious URGENT?

my cousin was goin to come over but he got poison ivy can he still come over or is it contagious
Answer:
It is NOT contagious. Once he has washed all the urushiol (the chemical in the sap that causes the allergic reaction) off his body there's no risk of him giving it to you. He should also wash clothing, shoes and anything else that may have come into contact with the plants. The rash itself is not contagious. The only way you could get it from another person is if they still have some of the oil on their skin and you touch it.
Yes, very much so!!
nope, he can still come over.
The ivy itself is contagious only through physical contact. The oil which causes the skin allergy in most humans can survive for years even after the plant has died. However, if he has washed off the area thoroughly, and he doesn't pick at it, you will be just fine. It is certainly not contagious through the air, so being near him will not hurt you.
Ask your cousin to talk to a doctor and make sure you advise him to in case it is.
i googled it and here is the anwser....
Poison ivy is contagious only by spreading the actual plant oil/resin; the rash itself is not contagious and does not spread. Scratching the rash during the first few days could spread the oil to other parts of the infected person's body, or to another person who might be allergic. A few good showers and a laundry should eliminate the residue of the plant oil.
good luck!
ONLY by touch.
If your cuz's infected area touches a pillow and then you touch the pillow, you'll get it.
It is extremely contagious. It's spread by touch.
Yes, the fluid in the blisters if they are busted are contagious. I gave my brother a terrible case one time. The problem is, it is too irresistible. You have to scratch and bust those blisters!
No it is not contagious. If your cousin has washed the poison ivy oils off, he is unlikely to make you itch. Calamine lotion, Aveeno, benadryl, and cortisone may all help him feel better. He may not be happy, but he is not contagious.
IT'S EXTREMELY CONTAGIOUS!

3 comments:

  1. Hello my names are Ellen Peters and I’m giving a testimony about Dr.Ogidi who cured me from lungs cancer, when I did the test and I was confirmed positive, I was so confused because my son is just too young and I need to be there for him, so I tried all means to make sure I will be there for him, I saw a blog where Dr. Ogidi cured cancer, I contacted him through his email and explained my problems to him, and he assured me of cure, he did what he has been doing for other people and after taking his Herbal medicine I was cured. Dr.Ogidi also a asked me to go for check-up and i was negative again... I’m so happy for what Dr. Ogidi did for me, contact him via email on-: Ogidiganherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

  2. God bless Dr. uroko for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of HERPES since 2012 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr. uroko, how he cured HERPES with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine through UPS SPEED POST. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 14 days later i was cured from HERPES, Dr.uroko truly you are great, do you need his help also? Why don't you contact him through : drurokospellcaster@gmail.com or call+2347059352550
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Friend, I am here to share a good testimony of my self on how i came in contact with a real herbalist who helped me.i appreciate everyone for taken their precious time to read my testimony, 6 months ago i was diagnosed of HERPES, this means that 6 months ago i was HERPES positive when i told one of my good friend about this, she sympathized with me and then she said that she was going to help me out, she told me that we should do some research on the Internet, we came across DR FUMAN and my friend said that she has come across a lot about him and said that he is a real herbalist remedy to all illness, i was really surprised on this and confused as well, I was so speechless and quickly i contact him to help me and he prepared some herbs for me and send it across to me and he told me the way i was going to be taken the medicine which i did, and in the next 2 weeks i went to the hospital and they said that i am now HERPES negative, i am very happy about this, when i contacted DR FUMAN again to tell him the good result , i asked him how he was able to help me, and he said that he was gifted with it that he can cure any disease. also reach him too because health is better than wealth Email Drfumansolutiontemple99@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

 


Is there a © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net