Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Is there a chance of survival?

my grandpa has cancer, it spread from a tumor in his stomach. It has been growing for about 2 years, and its 2.5 centimeters in width and 2 centimeters in height i think. He is a healthy person. He once was a soccer player and he is active. He is doing chemotherapy. Is there a chance of survival?
Answer:
I am truly sorry to hear about your Paw-Paw. I wish I could give you an answer, but I will relate a story about mt step-father.
I was a small child ( I'm 53 now ) and remember Harvey (step father) being diagnosed with cancer in several parts of his body. The Doctors removed what they could, but said the cancer had spread much more than they had thought. Remember this was about 45 years ago. Not much treatment besides surgery back then. They said he would not live more than 6 months.
22years later Harvey died. He was in poor health , but was still able to get around on a walker. So you keep your faith in God and be thankful you got to know him. Many people only knew their grandparents through pictures and stories of them.
There ALWAYS is a chance of survival...as small as the chance is. There are people who have survived terminal cancer before even though the doctor said they were going to die. Keep hoping.
cancer is dealt with a lot more these days=I'm not going to say it's a sure thing ,but his chances of living longer are good
Of course there is. We don't have all the answers. Doctors only give a prognosis based on others that have had the same thing. People have survived amazing problems. There is always a chance...never give up hope.
I am a Cancer survivor who only had a 20% chance of recovery and I won the battle. There is always hope as long as you don't give up the fight! I will say a prayer for your Grandpa and you.
As long as there is breath there is hope. Sounds like ur grandpa is a fighter and thats what it takes to beat the odds.
Many times a poor prognosis fools even the best doctors, what they called terminal turned into years more of life. Every person reacts differently to treatment and it sounds as tho ur grandpa`s cancer is a slow growing type. His chances of survival r as good as anyone else diagnosed with the disease. Cancer does not mean an automatic death sentence. Bless u both.
It depends on the stage of the cancer. If it is stage four, there is little chance for survival. To be 100% honest with you, when it spreads, that's really not a good sign. But all things are possible, right?!My grandfather passed from throat cancer, even after doing radiation and chemo. I know how you must feel. Good luck
If he has a good oncologist and surgeon, that is his best chance. And to have a loving supportive family.
Check with his oncologist. He wouldn't be receiving chemotherapy unless there was a chance of recovery. Terminal patients are put on hospice care to make them more comfortable and allowed to go home.
of course there is! i believe in miracles and so should you. always has hope, and thats all i can tell you.

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

 


Is there a © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net