Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Is ther any problem with taking antihistamines the night before surgery?

not sure and i'm going in tomorrow am
Answer:
no problem you can take an antihistamine the night before. We use to give a pre-op that included an antihistamine just before the patient went to surgery to help dry up secretions during surgery.
i would say dont take them. normally there are rules about not eating things before surgery, and you wouldnt want to risk majorly screwing something up with an allergy med.
Call your doctor and ask.
not likely no . just as long as the drug is just an antihistamine and does not contain any pain reliever such as aspirin. you should inform the hospital that you took this medication and most importantly inform the anesthesiologist
I would not take them as when i went for my surgery they kept telling me no food no water no meds aspirin; ect... You don;t want to risk messing up your health so call your doctor tomorrow and ask them and that way you'll know for sure.good luck.,

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

 


Is there a © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net